Statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
by: Todd Cepica March 23, 2020
Dear Melonie Park Family,
Oh how we miss seeing one another! Perhaps this is one of the many outcomes our good and faithful God intends for us to recognize through this shared struggle – that is, the gathering of the saints is no small thing! Perhaps, after this current crisis is behind us, we might all renew our commitment to the fellowship we share in Christ. May it return to its rightful place of highest importance as we gather to exalt “the One who gives to all men life and breath and everything”. (Acts 17:25b)
- In the absence of our meeting together on Sunday, we want to encourage you to continue sharing any prayer requests you might have for you and your family. There are many in our body who faithfully pray through these requests. Your needs will be covered by a multitude of saints who delight in remembering you as they go before the Lord. Please send any request you might have to . These requests will be included in our weekly prayer letter unless you wish to keep the request confidential for the elders and staff only. Either way, it is our privileged duty to pray for one another.
- We currently have a Benevolence Fund that is managed by our Deacons. This Fund is intended to help those in need within our church family. Given the financial impact of this crisis we now face, we want to do everything we can to support those who need assistance. Please direct these needs to one of our deacons (Glen Frick, Tom Wise, Michael Haverdink, Nick Sanders, Michael Etheridge). If you would like to contribute to our Benevolence Fund, you can do so in one of 4 ways:
- Website: Select the Deacons Benevolence fund in the dropdown menu of our giving site https://www.elexiogiving.com/app/giving/mpclbk
- Elexio App: Simply click the Give icon and it will direct you to our giving site.
- Text: You can text your donation amount to (806)216-6062 and you will be directed to a secure link to complete your transaction on our giving site.
- Finally, you can mail or deliver a check to the church office as well.
- In the absence of meeting together face to face, we would like to encourage groups to organize a virtual meeting using Zoom. By signing up for a free account, Zoom users are allowed to host free video meetings up to 40 minutes on a desktop or mobile device. You can sing up using this link: https://zoom.us/signup. If needed, there are some tutorials here . If you need further assistance, please call the church office at (806) 797-4136.
- This Sunday, April 12th, we will live stream our normal service at 10:45am. Please make plans to join this service on the Melonie Park YouTube Channel. We urge you to gather your families together for a time of worship in both song and time in the word. More specifically, we hope to broadcast this so that you can see lyrics of the songs in the hope that you might sing along in worship. Similarly, we will resume our study in Thessalonians and you can read the verses that will be displayed as well. It’s a far cry from being together, but until that day, we hope to be together as best we can.
May God bless you and keep you,
Todd on behalf of the Elders and Staff
PS. For previous updates please see the sidebar for Previous Correspondence.
“Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”