by: Todd Cepica
Dear Melonie Park Family,
We are excited to re-open the doors of Melonie Park Church! This coming Sunday, May 24th, we will continue with our live services. As we do so, it is our desire to make every effort to ensure a safe environment for our church family is in compliance with the standards of our State and Local officials. Below is an outline of our plan at Melonie Park Church that is in compliance with Governor Abbott's "Report to Open Texas" (https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/organization/opentexas/OpenTexas-Report.pdf)
- We will be conducting 2 services scheduled for 1 hour beginning at 9:30am and 11:00am. The building will be sanitized between services. We will be asking people to attend a specific service based on their Small Group. This will allow us to maintain compliance with the attendance regulations. If someone is not currently in a Small Group, they can choose which service they prefer to attend. Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow time for being seated according to social distancing recommendations.
- No Childcare will be available for either service.
- Both services will be live streamed and available on our Melonie Park YouTube Channel for those who may be at risk or unable to attend.
- While not specifically required in the Texas guidelines for re-opening churches, the general guidance from the CDC encourages the wearing of a cloth mask. This is a decision to be made by the individual members of our church family.
ENTRY AND EXIT
- The North door which leads to the coffee bar will be designated as our entrance into the building. An attendant will be present to open this door for you. Upon entering the building, the East door of the foyer will be designated as the entrance into the sanctuary. After the service, the ushers will dismiss people by row at which time you will exit the sanctuary through the designated exit door and then leave the building through the front door leading to the pergola area. This door will also have an attendant to open the door for you as well. All of this goes to say - you will be able to enter and exit the building without touching any surfaces while you are here. However, hand sanitizer will be made available is needed.
- Offering plates will be stationed at the back of the sanctuary as you exit.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND SEATING
- General distancing guidelines include remaining 6 feet from others. Please avoid congregating in large groups.
- Members of the same household must sit together. Keep at least 2 empty seats (or 6 feet of separation) between parties in a row.
- Two individuals who are not of the same household but that are attending together, may sit adjacent to one another, with 2 seats (or 6 feet of separation) on either side.
- We will be leaving every other row empty in the sanctuary.
Our hope is to provide a safe environment for our church family. If you are ill or not feeling well, we ask you not to attend until you are symptom free for at least 7 days. As the regulations change, we will adjust accordingly. But, for now, we are looking forward to seeing you in person.
For the Small Group assignments, please refer to the attachment provided in the Mid-Week announcement email you received or talk to your Small Group leader. If you have any questions or concerns; please contact the church office at or (806) 797-4136
May God bless you and keep you,
Todd on behalf of the Elders and Staff
“Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”